Soft & Chewy Ginger Cookies
Posted by: Jessica Elora on February 14, 2022
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut sugar or granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons Culcherd Original Butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons organic molasses
- 1 flax egg or egg replacer or choice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Monkfruit white sugar replacement for coating the cookies before baking
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt in a food processor. Pulse to mix (about 6-7 pulses).
- Add in melted butter, molasses, flax egg and vanilla. Process for 20-30 seconds until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a covered bowl and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is resting in the fridge, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Using a spoon measure 1 ½ tablespoons of dough per cookie and roll between your palms to form a ball (it’s helpful to cover your hands in a light layer of coconut oil to avoid dough sticking to your hands.
- Once the balls are formed, gently roll them in granulated sweetener. Arrange them 2 inches apart from each other on the baking sheet and gently press each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes.