Simple Red Lentil Soup
Posted by: Jessica Elora on November 11, 2021
- ¾ cup Farmer Direct Organic dried red lentils
- ½ box Culcherd original cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown or yellow onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, cleaned and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth/stock
- ½ cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes
- Fresh/dried Thyme
- In a large stalk pot, heat oil and sauté onions until tender for about 3 minutes
- Stir in cumin, salt, pepper, carrots, lentils and stock, bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover to simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are cooked and carrots are fork-tender.
- Add plant-based milk and remove from heat.
- Purée with a hand held blender or food processor until smooth. To thin soup out, add more water or stock.
- Serve with: crumbled Culcherd cheese, chili flakes, fresh/dried Thyme + more Cumin spice to taste.