We’re a dairy alternative company making products out of plants!
Our Story began when we were met with a lack of cheesy, satisfying flavour that couldn’t be found from plant-based cheeses on the market. You know the one; that melty, gooey, tangy, rich, creamy kind of yum. We knew we could do better.
Flavour first, healthy, and environmentally friendly are our core values - these were all non-negotiables.
It’s Not Dairy
Because it’s distinctly different than dairy! We create foods that are unparallel to anything else out there. At Culcherd, we are innovating the future generation of food with products that exceed standards and take plant-powered eating to a whole new level.
Chef created by co-owner Liz Gallagher, we make plant-based dairy alternatives and put flavour first. Known for our cultured tang. Culcherd delivers a rich and creamy experience.
We strive for all of our products to have a short and clean ingredient deck in order to provide authenticity and transparency.
Our cheeses are “aged”, this unique feature sets us apart as our cheeses have a natural rind. Our butter can be used as a 1:1 replacement to regular dairy butter and are free from soy, canola and palm oil.
Our products are kind to your body, and kind to the planet. Rich in probiotics, they support a healthy immune and digestive system. Packaged in plastic-free, environmentally friendly packaging using recyclable and compostable materials.
Why Us & Benefits
You may notice an ingredient listed on our packaging which reads vegan cultures. You may be curiously wondering what it is? It’s the main source of probiotics in our product and it is best described as a naturally fermented liquid which we use to enhance the nutritional quality of our products while giving them their distinctly tangy taste. We heavily focus on probiotics in our products as we stand behind the scientific evidence supporting probiotics and gut health.
Probiotics have anti-inflammatory properties and fight off infectious illnesses, all contributing to an overall happy tummy.
We use a strain of probiotic which is highly stable allowing it to withstand the processes which our products encounter. This allows us to be able to ensure that the probiotic properties are not being damaged in any way, and that maximum benefits are maintained.
We strongly believe in promoting gut health so making sure that our products are rich in ingredients which will enable digestion, support healthy immune systems and promote protein usage in the body is a top priority of Culcherd.
Our products are wrapped and packaged in 100% compostable parchment paper and boxes, so we can assure you that you won’t feel any guilt. We believe in creating an overall sustainable environmental contribution in every aspect of our brand from our ingredients to our packaging.
Real Food - Straightforward
At Culcherd, we can’t fathom placing anything artificial or indescribable in our products. We want you to be able to savor our food with confidence in us and our commitment to you providing a genuinely immaculate ingredient list. Because why would you eat something unreal?
We choose to source organic ingredients as we are constantly striving for non-GMO, zero chemical and no pesticide use when developing our recipes. We believe in a more plentiful food ecosystem while respecting our community and on a larger scale, our beautiful planet. The best way for Culcherd to contribute kindly and give back, is by sourcing organic ingredients, and making the commitment to you that we will never settle for anything less.
Our Ingredients (Certified Organic & Certified Vegan)
- Great source of protein + minerals
- Contains Vitamins C, B and folate
- Vit C - a strong antioxidant to promote a healthy immune system
- B-Complex Vitamins - reduce stress + boost mood
- Folate - required in making RBCs + WBCs as well as converting carbohydrates into energy and produce DNA + RNA
- High in monounsaturated + polyunsaturated fats
- Which can reduce the risk of CVD and serious heart conditions
- Source of magnesium to aid in metabolism and synthesis of protein + fatty acids
- A true “superfood”
- Boosts fat burning in the body which allows for quick accessible energy
- Contains fatty acids which kill pathogens and aid in the prevention of infections
- Major benefits for promoting healthy hair, skin and teeth
- A major source of Vitamin B12 - which is highly important for vegans/vegetarians as it is a vitamin naturally found only in animal products
- B12 is needed for a healthy nervous system, DNA production, energy metabolism and the creation of RBCs
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Great source of complete protein and trace minerals
Himalayan Sea Salt
- Potassium, calcium, magnesium
- A more natural salt option
- Aids in hydration by maintaining a proper fluid balance
- Promote a healthy balance of gut bacteria
- Benefits of weight loss, digestive health and immune function
- Main active ingredient is curcumin which provides anti-inflammatory effects and is a high quality antioxidant
- Reducing inflammation is extremely important as it helps the body fight foreign invaders and repairs damages
- Antioxidants reduce oxidative damage which will aid in slowing the aging and disease processes
- Lowers cholesterol
- Improves heart health
- Helps improve digestion
- Antioxidant loaded
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Reduce heart-disease risk
- Lowers blood sugar levels