Herbed Cauliflower Mash
Posted by: Jessica Elora on November 11, 2021
- 1 large or 2 small to medium cauliflower heads
- 3 tablespoons Culcherd butter (original, garlic or turmeric black pepper)
- 2 cups water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Finely chop cauliflower. The smaller the pieces, the faster the cauliflower will cook, resulting in a creamier dish.
- Sauté the cauliflower. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter and add in chopped cauliflower, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Boil the cauliflower. Add the water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender, around 5-10 minutes.
- Reserve and strain cauliflower. Reserve about a ¼ cup of cooking liquid before straining cauliflower
- Mash cauliflower. Return cauliflower and reserved cooking liquid to the pot. Using a handheld blender or potato masher, puree or mash until you reach your desired consistency.
- Top cauliflower. Top with fresh ground black pepper, more Culcherd butter and fresh/dried herbs.