Cranberry Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
Posted by: Jessica Elora on February 14, 2022
- 1/2 cup Culcherd Cinnamon Swirl butter, softened
- 1 flax egg
- 2 cups almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup powdered sweetener, Erythritol
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 box @culcherd original cheese
- 1/2 cup cranberry chia compote
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flax egg, butter, almond flour, salt, baking powder, erythritol and vanilla. Mix until dough is formed.
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Coat dough balls with chopped nuts, making sure to coat the entire ball.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and press a small dent into the centre of each cookie. Place 1 teaspoon of cheese into each dent and top with 1 teaspoon of cranberry compote. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place cookies on a cooling rack for a minimum of 30 minutes. The cookies will be super fragile until fully cooled — handle with care when transferring to the cooling rack.