What You'll Need
- 1 heads cauliflower, 2 clusters maitake mushrooms, or 1 butternut squash
- 1 stick Culcherd Garlic Butter
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼-½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, thyme, or sage
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Trim outer leaves, and slice cauliflower in half lengthwise through the core.
- Cut a 1 ½ inch steak from each half.
- Save remaining cauliflower for another use.
No prep needed here, the clusters are ready to go!
- Cut the neck off the squash and save for another use. Trim stem, and then peel.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise, and trim off outer rounded side to create two 1 inch steaks.
- Heat EVOO in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add steak of your choice and sear for about 5-7 minutes on each side until browned.
- Transfer to the oven, and cook for another 10 minutes. Until cooked through.
- Once cooked, return to the stove on low heat. Add butter, herbs (rosemary for caulie, thyme for maitake, sage for squash) and garlic.
- Tilt pan towards you so that butter pools on one side. Use a large spoon to baste the steaks with the butter. Do this for about one minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.