What You'll Need
For The Tofu Ricotta
- 1 package/220g firm tofu
- 1 package Culcherd Original Cheese
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and rung dry
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp pink salt (to taste)
For the Shells
- 1 package pasta shells
- 1 jar of your fave pasta sauce
- Fresh basil, for garnish
For the Tofu Ricotta
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw frozen spinach, and squeeze out excess water.
- In a medium sized bowl, crumble tofu and add Culcherd cheese, spinach, basil garlic, and salt.
- Mix well and taste for seasoning. Adjust if needed. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta shells according to directions on the package.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse. Let cool
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of a cast iron pan or 9”x13” baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with 1 tbsp of ricotta filling, and arrange in pan/dish.
- Top/cover shells with remaining pasta sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!