What You'll Need
- 1 2/3 cups Bob’s paleo flour blend
- 2 packages Culcherd Original Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cups monk fruit (can also sub cane or coconut sugar)
- 4 flax eggs (4 tbsp ground flax, 12 tbsp water), or 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp raw turbinado sugar, optional
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and grease a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with butter.
- Cream the butter and monk fruit in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment for 3-4 minutes, until most of the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- With the mixer running, add the eggs one at a time and then the lemon zest and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 1-1 baking flour, sea salt, and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat on low just until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it out with a spatula. Arrange the strawberry slices on top in groups.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of raw sugar across the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until golden brown and puffed in the middle. Slice and serve warm, top with coconut cream cream or vanilla ice cream if desired