With crunchy pecans running throughout, this spiced moist gluten-free pumpkin loaf will have your home smelling like fall in no time!
What You'll Need
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour blend (we love Bob’s Red Mill!)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Culcherd Cinnamon Swirl Butter, melted
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped, divided
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (for flax egg)
- 3 tbsp water (for flax egg)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pink salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare flax egg in a small bowl by mixing flaxseed with water. Set aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, almond milk, almond butter, maple, cinnamon swirl butter and flax egg.
- Add coconut sugar, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt.
- To the wet ingredients, stir in oats, almond meal and GF flour. If mixture is too wet, add in a few additional tbsp of oats or GF flour. Mixture should be thick and pourable.
- Fold in 3 tbsp of chopped pecans. Spoon into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Loaf should be a deep golden brown.
- Let cool completely.
- Frost loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting, and top/sprinkle with remaining pecans.
CHEF LIZ GALLAGHER
“My love for baking began when I was in university. I was introduced to “raw food” and loved discovering good-for-you desserts–made with organic fruit, nuts, and unrefined sweeteners. This led to my first business, Unbaked Cake Co. and later, I developed the first vegan baking course for George Brown College in Toronto. Some of my favourite flavours to bake with are cinnamon, anything apple, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, of course!