Salty and sweet, this salted caramel sauce is the perfect accompaniment to any sweet treat!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups vegan whipping cream (we love Silk!)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp Culcherd Original butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- In a small saucepan, bring whipping cream, sugar and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer on low until the caramel has thickened, reduced by about half, and darkened in colour. About 30 minutes.
- Caramel is done when it can coat the back of a spoon.
- Add in butter and vanilla, and stir to combine.
CHEF LIZ GALLAGHER
“My love for baking began when I was in university. I was introduced to “raw food” and loved discovering good-for-you desserts–made with organic fruit, nuts, and unrefined sweeteners. This led to my first business, Unbaked Cake Co. and later, I developed the first vegan baking course for George Brown College in Toronto. Some of my favourite flavours to bake with are cinnamon, anything apple, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, of course!