An ode to one of my favourite sweet treats, this grain-free granola is loaded with everything you’d want in a cinnamon bun!
What You'll Need
Ingredients for the granola
- 1 ½ cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup whole almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 package Culcherd Cinnamon Swirl Butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp pink salt
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar alternative (we love Lakanto!)
- 2-4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
Method for the granola
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almonds, coconut, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax, chia, salt and cinnamon.
- Melt Culcherd butter in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Add to nut and seed mixture with maple. Mix well.
- Spread evenly onto lined baking sheet, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
Method for the glaze
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar substitute with 2-4 tbsp of almond milk. Stir until combined and there are no lumps.
- Once granola has cooled, drizzle glaze over granola.
- Let the glaze set for 5-10 minutes, and crumble into pieces.
CHEF LIZ GALLAGHER
“My love for baking began when I was in university. I was introduced to “raw food” and loved discovering good-for-you desserts–made with organic fruit, nuts, and unrefined sweeteners. This led to my first business, Unbaked Cake Co. and later, I developed the first vegan baking course for George Brown College in Toronto. Some of my favourite flavours to bake with are cinnamon, anything apple, and chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, of course!