What You'll Need
- 2 cans black beans, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup Culcherd Sharp & Smoky Cheese
- 2 large eggs/flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax, 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce (we love Good Food For Good)
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado oil, for cooking
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread beans onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until slightly dried out. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté chopped onions and garlic in a splash of avocado oil (or EVOO) over medium heat until onions are soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Place in a food processor or large bowl and add in all remaining ingredients. Stir or pulse everything together and then add in the black beans. Mash with a fork or pulse the mixture, making sure to leave larger chunks of beans.
- Using ⅓ of a cup, form into patties.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat avocado oil.
- Cook burgers for 3-5 minutes on each side, and then transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Patties can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.