Job - Food Production Lead
Our team is growing!
Culcherd is a dairy-alternative company making products out of plants! We strive to create innovative products with exceptional nutritional value. We're 100% organic, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and do our best to be as environmentally responsible as possible.
We are looking for a full-time Production Lead to help with the manufacturing of plant-based artisanal cheeses and butter. This position presents an opportunity for growth - working towards taking over as Production Manager as the company scales.
Our facility is located in North York - at Keele and Finch. Both TTC and GO are within walking distance.
We're a very small team and you will be an integral part!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Preparing ingredients - soaking, chopping, dehydration, etc.
- Production and packaging of all products
- Help manage product inventory
- Help manage ingredient inventory
- Maintain product consistency
- Adherence to product quality and safety standards
- Support adherence to food safety standards
- Support guidelines/regulations around Organic Certification
- Ensure all raw ingredients and bulk items are stored properly - rotation of inventory to prevent product expiry
- Keep the kitchen environment sanitized and orderly
- Help to build out company GMP’s
Qualifications and Skills:
- Food Handlers Certificate
- HACCP and GMP experience is an asset
- Food manufacturing/plant experience is an asset
- Kitchen experience is an asset
- Detail oriented
- Quick and efficient
- Must be highly organized
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Dependable and confident
As the company scales, this position will grow into the Production manager Role.*
*Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinating weekly production schedule and overseeing staff during production; ensure efficiency, quality, cleanliness, organization, and proficiency
- Managing weekly order fulfillment and distribution with Operations Manager
- Managing the production and packing of all orders; ensure there are no product shortages
- Printing invoices and scheduling weekly deliveries
- Overseeing the food production process in accordance with company standards and procedures
- Ensuring adherence to product quality and safety standards
- Help manage and track all procedures with Operations Manager
- Help manage inventory of finished product, raw ingredients, and packaging based on sales forecast
- Assist in identifying opportunities to maximize productivity and asset utilization
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org